Dakotah Carter 704.995.6038| email@example.com | 7211 Ravanna Dr. Charlotte, NC
Blogger, creative and certified squarespace web designer with experience in Microsoft Office, Photoshop, Blogging, iMovie, Customer Service, Microsoft Excel, Social Media, Editing, Social Networking, Google Docs, Photography, and Adobe Illustrator and a passion for event planning.
University of North Carolina at Charlotte December 2018
Bachelors of Arts in Communication
Related Coursework: Journalism, Public Speaking, Mass Media & Law, and Communication Theory
Penn Foster Wedding Planning program
STAFF WRITER/FREELANCE WRITER, CURLS UNDERSTOOD, ONLINE PUBLICATION
- Write colorful 300 word posts for a plethora of local and national clients across various industries showcasing dynamic writing capacities covering natural hair blogging
- Draft, produce and write a minimum of 2 columns a week
FOUNDER AND WRITER, HELLO KODY, CHARLOTTE, NORTH CAROLINA
- Conceptualize, schedule, draft and curate relatable and transparent blog post once a week as well as post relatable content on instagram to spark engagement.
- Track blog and instagram analytics to reassure Hello Kody remains to increase with engagement on both platforms.
- Stay up to date with any new social media analytics to change focus if it is needed to help Hello Kody increase or remain relevant.
FOUNDER, (BE) NUNAKED, CHARLOTTE NORTH CAROLINA,
- Generate creative content for social media to attract the suspected target audience and run ads to gain brand awareness
- Research comparable brands to ensure (be) NuNaked stands out and the overall brand message will be heard and recognized.
- Design T-Shirts, logos and website for current season and make sure the designs will correspond with the seasons ahead
DESIGNER, KODY CREATIVE STUDIO, CHARLOTTE, NORTH CAROLINA
October 2017- Present
- Create contracts and invoices to ensure payments are made on time and that all of the expectations will be met.
- Create clean, well designed logos or websites for clients with a week turn around time.
- Offer friendly professional advice to clients in regards to their brand by redirecting their ideas if needed to a more eye catching design.
EVENTS INTERN, 2I PUBLIC RELATIONS, CHARLOTTE, NORTH CAROLINA
- The Point of Contact for vendors to get donations for event set ups and to get ordered deliveries in the right place at the right time
- Attended design team meetings to brainstorm and collaborate with a group of creatives to discuss ideas, color schemes, mood boards and texture concepts
- Active member on the social media team that created content, flyers or invitations and planned post for upcoming events
- Assist with set up and breakdown for events.
Jaimie Small Founder of 2i PR (803) firstname.lastname@example.org
Founder of Curls Understoodsylvia@curlsunderstood.com(240) 386-7547
Founder of Abevy Org Worked with 2i PR for his Nonprofit event